Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: nah, yo...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=16099&mesg_id=16108
16108, RE: nah, yo...
Posted by SankofaII, Fri Feb-15-02 04:36 AM
>it aint hate, it's fact!

>not only was Trois a bad
>film, but his performance in
>it was terrible as well!
i agree with you there,afkap trois was shit and i was happy i rented the shit and NOT go to a theatre to support it. i would have slapped the shit out of the ticket person! :)

>
>what i wonder is when you
>say "less Omar, Mekhi, Shemar"--all
>of whom i think are
>good actors (except for Shemar)--are
>you penalizing THEM just because
>they probably made the decision
>to pay their rent by
>being in a few less-than-stellar
>efforts? are you praising Gary
>beause he is more "obscure"?
>or do you just have
>a crush on him? :-)
theyre decent actors, but they dont push themselves. omar: is extremely talented, but it just seems like he plays a derivation of the main character in his debut film in 92, Juice. it gets tired after a while...i dont htink it would be a bad thing if he played against type every once in a while. Mekhi: im still up in the air on him. save for Clockers, A Lesson Before Dying--he hasnt done much to prove to me he's talented yet. O i wasnt feeling..i got it but i just wasnt feelinghim in it. he'sthe same as Omar for me: if he plays against type and does it well, then ill change my opinion of him.

no i think gary is quite talented....his few films, other than Trois and that BET movie of the week he did in 99, are really good and show he has range. and CSI--he is very good on that show being part of the ensemble cast.

yea he's hot and i admit that...have i ever done otherwise afkap? :)

all im saying is that an actor gets my respect if he not only is good but can play a variety of characters..i like terence because he has variety and i respect that. he could have easily done stuff JUST LIKE THE BEST MAN (morris chestnutt in the brothers anyone?) but he didnt....

in general, i just want MORE black actors to get their shot to do movies--and not just the usual suspects (vivica, nia halle, morris, taye, etc.)

Ryan

"Self love, my liege, is not so vile a sin as self-neglecting."
--Shakespere

donwill on the internet:
i look at the web like its a video game...who cares if some shithead dont like u, think about it...when u log off...u log off..when they log off..they go meet each other..it doesnt stop for them...