Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectGood
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=10597&mesg_id=10624
10624, Good
Posted by auralbliss, Sun Feb-16-03 10:35 PM
>What a waste of money.

I thought the flick was worth every penny. and i even paid for my friend's ticket.

>The Good: Colin Ferrell. He didn't have much to work with
>but he stole the show every scene he was in.

agree that he stole every scene he was in. heck i was kinda rootin' for this guy for a while (could've used a mask imo tho)

>Daredevil lets a man die on a subway tracks. WTF? That's
>not the Daredevil I know.

yeah this threw me way off when i saw it, and was in fact the only thing i really hated about the movie (tho the journey it took matt to become the DD we all know and love made it suck a little less)

>Yes, Daredevil has super-senses but how did he learn to
>fight? trust me Stick, the ninja that trained Daredevil
>could have been worked in. Just to make the movie make
>sense some explanation of how Daredevil could take on
>assasin Bullseye and karate trained since 5 Elektra (yes I
>know in comics she is a ninja).

i would've wanted stick in this, but all the other characters were underdeveloped, and adding stick to it would've made it worse.

>And when Elektra slept over he was
>in bed with her right? How could he not sense her leaving
>early if he was sensitive?

maybe the elektra pussy was really damn good.

>Elektra whips Daredevil ass in 1 minute. Bullseye whips
>Elektra's ass in like 10 seconds. Yet an injured Daredevil
>was able to defeat Bullseye?

DD wasn't trying to fight elektra, and bullseye just killed DD's lady, so i bought that whole sequence of events.

tho i haven't read the seminal frank miller DD's in a couple of years, i felt the story translated as well as it could onto the big screen, with enough stuff for us comic heads to enjoy (requisite stan lee cameo, kevin smith appearance, and the use of the names of john romita, quesada, and kirby) and not too complicated (at least i don't think) for the average guy to enjoy, tho it seems people from both camps either love the movie or hate it (with no semblance of a middle ground).