Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectHorrible
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=10597&mesg_id=10623
10623, Horrible
Posted by SPADE, Sun Feb-16-03 09:07 AM
What a waste of money. I should have known it wasn't going to be any good cause they made it too fast.

The Good: Colin Ferrell. He didn't have much to work with but he stole the show every scene he was in.

Daredevil gets some pussy.

The Bad:

The directing was the pits. This movie came off as a B-movie and/or had the budget of a Sci-fi Channel original movie.

The Writing/Story. How many things can I say were wrong with this story and writing?

Daredevil lets a man die on a subway tracks. WTF? That's not the Daredevil I know.

Yes, Daredevil has super-senses but how did he learn to fight? trust me Stick, the ninja that trained Daredevil could have been worked in. Just to make the movie make sense some explanation of how Daredevil could take on assasin Bullseye and karate trained since 5 Elektra (yes I know in comics she is a ninja).

Everybody except Foggy found out Daredevil's secret. Did everybody have to find out in the first movie?
For a guy that does an excellent job of hiding his id this movie version might have been shouting it from the rooftops.

How did Daredevil get that sleep chamber? I thought he was a vampire for a minute. And when Elektra slept over he was in bed with her right? How could he not sense her leaving early if he was sensitive?

Kingpin. He came off as a petty thug more than a crimelord. We needed to see more of the Kingpin's money and dirty deeds. More lines with Kingpin would have helped to.

Elektra whips Daredevil ass in 1 minute. Bullseye whips Elektra's ass in like 10 seconds. Yet an injured Daredevil was able to defeat Bullseye?

And trust me this is just the tip of the iceberg with things wrong with this movie.