Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectHA! I knew something was fishy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=101754&mesg_id=101757
101757, HA! I knew something was fishy
Posted by BigReg, Tue May-12-09 08:43 AM
in NY for DECADES the only Imax theater was in Lincoln center, then last year suddenly 3 more popped with a bunch more in progress. In my head I wondered that Imax must be major cakey to have them renovate the theaters to that extent, especially considering how much it would cost to completely switch around those buildings with NYC prices.

I guess all they did was install new speakers and a new projector, lol.

This is just going to hurt them long term. Seems Imax Digital versus regular Digital isn't worth the 5 dollar fee. Only thing possibly saving them is that only blockbusters will be shown on Imax digital, guaranteeing that for the most part it will sell out anyway. This will only last for the hot movie seasons: when the real Imax theaters show special films with the lure of it being on a HUGE screen(nauture shit, 3d shit)...they won't be able to compete. And I don't think anyone is going to pay to see 5 bucks more for Obsessed in Imax during the offseason. Mark my words, five years from now this will hurt them bad.