Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectstrange logic
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9864&mesg_id=9928
9928, strange logic
Posted by krewcial, Wed Nov-28-01 06:42 AM
>anyone who spends
>or earns money in this
>system is a CAPITALIST. Point
>blank.

Agreed.

However, you seem to imply that this means noone can be criticized for doing so ? And that every person criticizing should be ignored since they're "guilty" themselves ?

Does this mean that every single person in Germany during WWII was a Nazi ? That every person in America is responsible for the killing of Sudanese people in '98, when Clinton bombed them (since you all contributed with tax money) ? That every individual in Belgium in 1960-1962 was responsible for the killing of Lumumba ?

In your logic, are Dead Prez as capitalist as Vanilla Ice ? (just asking)

I tend to make a difference between people who have no choice (mainly becos of financial reasons) but to take part in a capitalist society, some of them even trying to change it (as opposed to simply running away and then criticizing) and other people participating without questioning the ethical and moral consequences of this system. And then another group, who operate as spokespeople/representatives for capitalism/materialism, and I consider Jay-Z one of those.

In your definition, Michael Moore and Donald Trump are both capitalists (correct me if I'm wrong). To me, there's a huge difference between those two. Same story with Chuck D. and Jay-Z.

krewc
www.vinylators.com