Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectmy question was...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9864&mesg_id=9882
9882, my question was...
Posted by praverbs, Sat Nov-24-01 04:17 AM
¿in what way is capitalism fair? i don't care about perception.

*****¡I AM! ¿ARE YOU?*****

QUOTABLES CIRCA 1984:
1)"orthodoxy is unconsciousness."-syme.
2)"who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past."-party slogan.
3)"perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one."-winston smith.
4)"the heresy of heresies was common sense."-narrator.
5)"until they (the proles) become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious."-winston

THAT'S THEIR WORD:
1)"swimming the channels of life/we're orators of rhyme, handlin' mics/ tip-toeing through the corridors of your mind with candlelight." talib kweli. "respiration (flying high mix)".
2)"we ain't vote to get into this shit, so we won't vote to get out." welfare poets. "the bullet".
3)"i don't hate players: i hate the mayors." sticman. "cop shot".
4)"promoting everything from the liquor to the nicotine/cell phones, antihistamines, chicken wings/you gotta show a little skin to keep 'em listening/fa real yo, the world is a sex machine." blackthought. "pussy galore".
5)"it's me against housing...no disrespect, my metaphors'll keep me out the projects." ghostface killah/superb. "ghost deini". (peace to TheWallyChamp for sonnin' me on the malquotation)

SNDTRK:
1)"a toast to the people". gil scott-heron/brian jackson.(the revolution won't be televised, but it does have theme music)
2)"sometimes". bilal.(post-extinction agenda stress relief)
3)"i am the black gold of the sun". rotary connection; nuyorican soul.(every version of this song radiates abstract pro-blackness)
4)"creole". charlie hunter quartet f/mos def.(¡frank sinatra ain't got no soul/mos def sounds like nat king cole!)
5)"time's up". oc.("you lack the minerals and vitamins/irons and the niacin/fuck who that i offend"-'nuff said)

okay p'ra verbs. GIVING YOU TRUE TRUTH SINCE...¿WHAT TIME IT IS?