Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectOkay...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9816&mesg_id=9854
9854, Okay...
Posted by lightyeargroover, Thu Jan-18-01 09:09 PM
I have to admit that perhaps it is a little foolish to take the word of one man. Though in all honesty, how can you doubt the word of an honest man? Yacub's history seems far too appealing for a black man to follow, get me? It's almost the opposite of what white supremacists spout about the "white race" being the "chosen" race. Its not like such "ploys" have never been used in history. And the infalliable Word of God being twisted to meet the needs of often not corrupted men (can we say, "Manifest Destiny"?)

I understand the #'s as far as percentages of those who walk in the dark, those who know of the light, but choose darkness, and those who walk in the light, the enlightened 5%. I actually agree with that.

In no means am I trying to say Islam's (The Nation) ideaology is without any merit. I believe that any and all spiritual paths ultimately lead to God (God's Word is not exclusive, it is found encompassing a variety of spiritual works in other cultures). I just hope brothers and sisters can get together, without focusing on hating another person because of their (in)HERITage. As a people, we're the most gifted/blessed on this earth, that's been proven throughout history...and even if it does turn out that we're superior/chosen, then wouldn't it be beneath us to make such a claim or boast?

"With men this is impossible; but with God, all things are possible."-Jesus