Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectgood post.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9816&mesg_id=9849
9849, good post.
Posted by poetx, Thu Jan-18-01 07:06 PM

>My understanding of the breakdown was
>made greater when I saw
>its greater relevance and similarities
>to ancient spiritual tradition, particularly
>ancient KMT. Notice their
>are three parts to the
>concept thus it is a
>"trinity" which comes from the
>same tradition of the Holy
>Trinity of Christianity. How
>you ask? Here's how:
>
>
>5% = Father
>= Asar (Osiris)= SPIRIT
>10%= Son
> = Heru (Horus)
>= MIND
>85%= Holy Ghost= Aset (Isis)
>= BODY

interesting. i'm a bit suspect of any direct relationship of the 5/10/85 to the trinity. i think to some extent humans just have an affinity for trinities, as man/woman/child is really a natural ordering of things. but since the nation of gods and earths is a relatively "recent" way of life (or interperetation of islam), its also highly possible that Clarence 13X could have deliberately made that connection.

anyway, the christian trinity is definitely derivative of the kemetan trinity of Ausar/Auset/Heru (Osirus, Isis and Horus in greek). there's a book called The 16 Crucified Saviors which breaks down that comparison and also brings out several from other cultures/cosmologies.

its interesting how the romans remade christianity in their own image (eurocentric/patrilineal) by removing the female aspect of the trinity (replaced "Isis/Mary" with the "Holy Spirit") with the Council of Nicea, convened by the emperor Constantine in 325 AD. (they changed a bunch of other stuff there too, but that's another post). there were a lot of christians who resisted that move, which is why you had the persistence of goddess worshippers transformed into the cult of the black madonna.

>
>(Also the Supreme MAthematics discuss the
>trinity of "Knowledge, Wisdom and
>Understanding," and "Sun, Moon, and
>Star" which all correlate to
>MAN, WOMAN, and CHILD.)

true indeed.

>Asar was the ruler of Egypt
>who was killed by his
>brother Set in the Asarian
>drama. He became the
>"god of the underworld."
>He represented the indwelling spirit
>that governs all of life.

if my chronology is correct, Ausar/Auset/Heru were later supplanted by Ra. Ra being represented by the disk of the sun (mistakenly referred to by european scholars as sun worship, as if western religions don't have symbols which we use as shorthand for deities, like the cross, the lamb, etc..). Amon Ra refers to the "hidden" Ra, or basically, where god go when you can't see him -- the underworld, also symbolized by nighttime. thats why we say Amen -- its a reference to the god of the unseen. its kind of ironic that both the NOI and Nation of Gods and Earths derisively consider the concept of a mystery god. actually, the "mysteries" or mystery system was the name that greeks at least had as a description for the religion of the Kemetans/Egyptians, which stressed advancement through degrees, the admixture of science and spirituality, and concentric circles of knowledge/understanding, and form the basis for today's secret societies.

> The 5% are the
>individuals who are in tune
>with SPIRIT and lead from
>it (poor righteous teachers).
>Common sense would show that
>only a few are in
>tune with this.

by the way, the breakdown of Set/Satan was dope. the etymology certainly works. yacub is always the sticking point that i had w/ NOI theology. to be fair, there's all kinda wild, improbable stuff in the bible, torah, q'uran, etc, that i equally don't believe, or at least have reservations about. but if Fard Muhammand (whatever his honorific was, no disrespect), had come to the Honorable Elijah Muhammad one thousand years ago, folks would probably just accept this at face value w/out raising an eyebrow.

there's definitely some intriguing and empowering stuff within 5% teachings (and i'm not an adherent, the only info i have on them has come through study and my interests in hip hop and nationalism), and heads should try to understand it as best they can, even if only to have some frame of reference to know what a lot of rappers are talking about.

w/out them, we wouldn't have many words and concepts which are central to hip hop culture:

Cipher, show & prove, dropping science, build and destroy, dropping math, do the knowledge, study your lessons, knowledge of self.

peace & blessings,

x.

January is Kool Keith quote month, for lack of anything else:

"I never hearda you stupid, what's your name man??"

"Rappers don't know, I'm out the hospital/
cold buggin' and illin' like Dr. Doolittle"

"I'll chew your ass like monkeys on Wild Kingdom"

"you call yourself GOD, can you make it rain?/
can you tell me now what I'm thinkin' in my brain?"

"under your arms, you're kickin power and musty"

"word to mom, I'm in my own world.../
galaxy raaaaaays... powerful"