Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: the wrath of the math
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9816&mesg_id=9842
9842, RE: the wrath of the math
Posted by guest, Thu Jan-18-01 10:29 AM
>no disrespect intended to any 5%
>members, but i just wanna
>know who did this "math"
>and where do they get
>these percentages from? im sorry,
>but im not buying it.
>these numbers are bullshit to
>me. and please dont tell
>me that i fall into
>the percentage that is unaware
>becuase i say this... save
>it.

peace
what you have to understand is that there is much SYMBOLISM, as Solarus already stated within the lessons....you have to take the percentages and math for what they are and how they relate to YOU. In one of the degrees it says that total population of the original nation here in the wilderness of North America is 17 million plus 2 million Indians making it a total of 19 million...that may have been the case when the lessons were put to print, but that isn't the case now. Again, you have to do the math for yourself and then conclude how it relates to you. Everything (just as it is in the Bible) should not be taken literally. That is how alot of people misconstrue teachings--because they aren't thinking of how a certain idea, principal, or degree could mean something other than the literal interpretation.

>i dont really believe
>in any "religion" or feel
>the need to become a
>part of any religious group,
>but i respect those who
>do, to each his own.

And that's peace because neither do we. Again, the Nation of the Gods and Earths is *not* a religion or an organization. Neither is Islam our "religion." It is a culture; way of life. Religion is something you PRACTICE. Culture is who you are; something you LIVE.

>and i know that im
>not the only one who
>feels this way about the
>math, but some may not
>admit it...anyone? comments? thoughts?

Just a few....SO many people listen to a rhyme or look at Wu-Tang/Busta/Whoeverelseishotthatspitsmathonatrack and think that is what the culture/religion/ideology entails. Yeah, they may study, but that doesn't mean that they are teaching truth or that they are representative of that particular culture/religion/whatever. I think that before you come to the conclusion that it's all "bullshit" you should learn more about it. Study it. UNDERSTAND it. At first I was unsure, but that's because I didn't have an understanding. True indeed history has distorted a whole bunch of facts, but that doesn't mean Ima discredit every Bible, Gita, Koran, or religious book...you have to learn something from everything and TAKE THE BEST PART for self.

peace
nappyhead

"tell me what you gon' do to get free? WE NEED MORE THAN EMCEES, WE NEED HUEYS AND REVOLUTIONARIES..." M1, deadprez

"...or not mind the fact that it isn't like anything you could have been told about to understand..."--Carolyn M. Rodgers, 1968