Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectGrafting of the Devil
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9816&mesg_id=9840
9840, Grafting of the Devil
Posted by Solarus, Thu Jan-18-01 09:54 AM
Hotep

Disclaimer: WARNING! This is not meant be offensive in any way. It is only meant to build understanding of a highly sensitive concept. Considering the sensitive nature of the discussion, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

In order for the Yakub story to make any sense this basis must be understood. In the Bible, Jacob (YAcub) grafted "goats." The Bible is a book filled with symbolism and figurative speech. Goats in this sense are meant to symbolize Caucasians. Here's why:
Goats have
1. straight hair
2. highly aggressive natures
3. a natural habitat of hills and caves of cold mountains (Caucas Mountains=Caucasians).
4. a tendency to eat all vegetation of an environment until it is barren, hence they use up natural resources and destroy the land.

This symbolism of the Goat dates back to KMT (ancient Egypt) where the goat was a zootype for SET the brother/adversary of Heru. One of his colors was red. This "warring twin" imagery was transplanted into many Biblical stories including Jacob/Esau. Esau was the older brother (as was SET) but JAcob inherited the birthright (as did HEru). Esau was described as red and hairy (Gen. 25:25) so in a sense Esau was a "goat." (Note that "red" is a reflection of the color Caucasians are when in a hot environment. The perjorative word for white people, "honkey," derives from a West African word that meant "pink.) The Hebraic tradition of "scapegoat" where all of the people's sins is put on a goat that is sent into the wilderness, comes from the expelling the "red, hairy" ones from the village to "purify" it.

This is also shows the origins of the red half-goat, half man, Satan (Set-An, or the Devil.

I'm not saying that this makes the YAkub story as a historical fact (especially since the Bible cannot been taken as an factual historical document), but the historic symbolism is definitely in order.

PEace
Solarus

"To be perfect is to lack nothing essential to the whole therefore I AM."-Solarus

"And if I have to dead you, it's only cuz I love you."- Talib Kweli