Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Jordan; Courts; Divorce.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9596&mesg_id=9641
9641, RE: Jordan; Courts; Divorce.
Posted by M2, Wed Jan-09-02 10:43 PM
Never thought this would happen, but............

I agree with Expertise, 100 effin percent.

I'm sick and tired of women agreeing to marry a man, agreeing to do their part in raising the kids, agreeing to stay home, etc, etc....and demanding payment after the fact.

You agreed to do those things, as part of the arrangement, you got to take advantage of the man's wealth, if any payment was due, you received it whilst you were married to the man.

By the same logic these women want to use, the man should hand the woman a bill for everything he bought for her and any financial support he gave.

Something like:

Okay hon, the marriage is over and I've prepared an invoice:

You owe me $X for:

The Engagement Ring
Three Cars
9,254 Meals
Mortgage & Rent Payments
The furniture you got to enjoy
245 Trips to the mall

:)

But um, I doubt any of these "I'm taking 1/2 women" would go for that, now would they.

The way I see it, the woman should get HER SHARE, not half, of any assets she helped build. For instance, let's say I got married *shudders* and my wife and I pooled our money to buy a primary residence as well as a beach house. Let's say I paid 60% of the costs, and she paid 40%.

In a case like that, she should get 40% of the value of the properties, nothing more nothing less.

That's how all joint assets should be split.

If there are children involved, the woman should receive money from the man in order to pay for the child's care...NOT to set her up in the lifestyle that she had before.

This "I'm taking half" nonsense, is nothing more then the following:

-Revenge in order to hurt the man since the marriage is over

-Jealousy that the man is going to keep his lifestyle without her and/or enjoy it with another woman.

You marry a person, not their wealth, anything they have is a perk, you leave, you leave behind that person AND their assets.

It's like if you marry a man who is good with fixing cars, if you divorce him, you don't get to sue to keep him fixing your car.

Anyway, I'm realistic, I know that even though I'm anti-marriage, chances are, I'll end up relenting OR ending up someone's common law wife....if we date and live together long enough..

SO, there will be Iron Clad prenuptial agreement, you take what you brought to the table, or your share of what you helped build.

Furthermore, I'd maintain separate bank and investment accounts, (In addition to joint ones) Marriage doesn't mean that you get to spend all my money.

If I smell trouble, you best believe I'd start moving my assets to other states, signing over cars/homes to my Mom & Sister, etc.

Just in case.

So if she tries to take half, all she could get is the joint account (Of which I would've cleaned out) and the $100 I'd leave in my personal account...in that state.

Sorry Hon, Sold the houses and the cars to my Mama, so you'd better hand over the keys of the one you're driving before she calls the cops on you.

Money and Investments? Sorry I seem to have misplaced them...but here, I have $50 in my bank account, have fun.

:)

Shoot, My Dad and an Uncle are in a situation where the former got caught in a common law wife situation without a prenup and the latter got married without one, and are with women who aren't going to leave whilst they can enjoy their loot....and My pops and uncle are scared to leave because they don't want to lose everything.

Sad.

M2