Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectbeen thinkin
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9351&mesg_id=9527
9527, been thinkin
Posted by guerilla_love, Mon Feb-04-02 02:53 AM
about this for a few years now

i married someone of a different race and culture

a lot of our differences go deeeeep. in a way when u marry u share yr experiences- what happens to one happens to the other- and in a way there are experiences that cd never be shared

with everybody u meet there'll be differences. and u'll have to work those differences out for a long term relationship. so u gotta make the decision of what differences u wanna be reckoning with on the long term

as for the one true love out there somewhere/ soulmate/ how cd u help the color argument, i think it's bullshit. u do choose who is an ok person to fall in love with/ u choose who yr open to.

the main thing abt mixed relationships that makes my hair stand on end is the fetishizing some couples do over eachother- and when one or both people get "comfortable" and assume that having a mixed relationship means that they don't have any racist attitudes/beliefs/friction/tension/opressor/opressed/etc.

nothing makes u safe from that dynamic. not even sex.

==**peace**==

"the skilled binder uses no strings or knots, while to unloose what he has bound would be impossible." Lao Tzu

"Anyone who believes this nonsense is not intelligent enough to post on OkayActivist." k_orr

DomePoem Poets; redefining the third dimension of spoken word