Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: DA TRUTH
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9351&mesg_id=9526
9526, RE: DA TRUTH
Posted by guest, Sun Feb-03-02 10:40 PM
I was gonna repond to a couple of other posts, but decided it would be best to stick with the original.
While what any of us thinks about the subject is irrelevant, I'll try to give my opinion.
"DA TRUTH" is there is no answer. The answer is as diverse as African genes. I've found this to work for me.

The person I date/fuck/marry will be someone who can deal with ME, period. And ME is a twenty-five year old man. It doesn't matter matters what ethnic group I belong to. If it does matter, then piss off, cause who wants to know you anyway.

I have my family, and they have never led me wrong. I brought home a Black girl who was a bitch, they told me she was a bitch. I brought home a white girl who was a bitch and they called her a bitch, too. When I finally got around to bringing home the right girl, they said, "Congrats. You're lucky to have her." They were right. I've been with her for seven years. She has no problems accepting that there are certain things were different for me growing up, and I tell her why. She never asks, "Why do Black people...?" and I don't ask her, "Why do Puerto Ricans...?" We instead ask, "Why do YOU...?"

Works for me.
Sorry about being so long-winded.