Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: if so,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9351&mesg_id=9493
9493, RE: if so,
Posted by hyde, Sat Feb-09-02 12:41 PM
>i DO have a feenin' for black women.

right, right, we've been over this.

> within black women

key phrase.

>which is why i mentioned
>the diversity of black women
>in the first place. is
>that shown by "american" society?

i'm not arguing that point. i made an assumption (oops) about the intelligence/observance levels of our okayplayer peers. i figured that telling most here that black women are diverse is like telling us that potatoes are for eating.

>my first post clearly read
>"to each his/her own".

i appreciate that.

>and you certainly do have ...
>diverse. the american sociopolitical ...
>women of color don't ...
>women of color must aspire to.

agreed. but like i said before, i view most in the activist forum as at least a little more informed than the masses; i.e. most here recognize the diversity of black women. operating under that assumption, you mentioned it because you felt that somebody needed to hear it. and likewise, in the scope of this discussion, i feel that my message needs to be heard- and considered- by some.

>first off, you're getting really personal
>and you're telling on yourself
>in the process. personally,
>i could give a damn
>about your personal relationship.
>so throw out the "you'd
>be foolish" bullshit you're on.

first off, i'm getting really hypothetical from an outside/opposing point of view, including yours, and the only thing i'm telling is that i want nothing to do with the off-the-cuff, misguided write-offs of my relationship handed out so freely by some. if you didn't want to get into my relationship, you shouldn't have brought up my personal business in the first place. by reducing my feelings and/or relationship to jungle fever, you're telling on yourself.

>you diggin' a brotha, that's
>both your and his CHOICE.

about that dead horse you mentioned earlier...

>deal with it and get
>on with your lives.

*g* you know, on your brilliant advice, i think we just might move past this discussion and, you know, go to work, bathe, maybe even eat.

>are you implying that you happened to slip
>and fall on your man's dick?

again, intentionally or not, reducing my relationship. in the name of respect and decency, please watch that.

>you simply could have turned him away
>but you didn't.

you're right. i could have looked at my best friend, put my arm up to his, and told him that sorry, he was unfit to be the potential father of my children. this irish skin must be protected. but i didn't.

>you didn't choose a fat guy.

didn't i?

>you ultimately chose who you
>wanted to be with

right, right, right, choice, choice, choice. but do you think that you always choose who you love? as if feelings don't come into play until you've sized the other person up and given them the seal of approval?

>no matter how cleverly you
>attempt to use the bob-and-weave
>strategy, you gotta live with
>that choice and both the
>praise and criticisms that comes
>with it. just like
>the rest of us.

you treat it like it's a liability... *hehe* my relationship is not herpes. give me some credit. i'm not ten years old; i'm familiar with consequences. however, living with both the praise and the criticisms does not mean that i have to be mute. living with it, to me, means that i'm free to discuss.

-k-

White Women: Systematically contributing to the breakup of the
black family by stealing black men from their black women like thieves in the night since 1966.

"I don't blame you for being wack, I blame your fans for being dumb enough to feel you." (c)Copywrite

"bitch i hate you put this bikini on and shake your ass" -Vivrant