Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: if so,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9351&mesg_id=9491
9491, RE: if so,
Posted by hyde, Sat Feb-09-02 08:14 AM
if you have a feenin' for black, white, or purple women, it's on you.

i don't go after black men. i don't go after white men. i don't go after men, period. i go after a specific *person*, and that is where our viewpoints diverge.

throughout this *post*, which is what i'm referring to, not american what-have-you, the impression is given that white women are one homogenous group that are by definition incompatible or unworthy of pairing with anybody of a different race if you value culture or your people at all. so, as much right as you have the right to toot the horns of black women- and i do agree with what you said- i have the right to make the same statement about white women, latina women, or any kind of women. females in general are diverse and wonderful creatures. to negate the value of a woman because of what she looks like or who her parents were is ridiculous.

in the majority of this thread, we're not discussing things on a personal or human level. the issue is being treated as if everybody has, or has to have, an easily discernable sociopolitical agenda when choosing a mate. you may say that i'm just a liberal with a lust for black dick and that my partner is confused and a traitor to his community. you can proclaim that the value of my relationship is just my "feenin for a brotha". but you don't know us, and if you did, you'd know you sound like a fool. on the other hand, the aforementioned situation may be just true for another couple. point being, it's way too presumptuous for anybody to run around assessing interpersonal relationships based on a set of grossly oversimplified generalizations.

and nobody is arguing the point about choices. it's really not that profound. what is being argued is other's ability to determine things about you based on the choices you make. i have yet to hear a convincing arguement that doesn't involve "it's obvious that your values are x". yes, you have an incredible sixth-values-sense. and john mccain has gaydar.

-k-

White Women: Systematically contributing to the breakup of the
black family by stealing black men from their black women like thieves in the night since 1966.

"I don't blame you for being wack, I blame your fans for being dumb enough to feel you." (c)Copywrite

"bitch i hate you put this bikini on and shake your ass" -Vivrant