Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjecteurope?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9351&mesg_id=9465
9465, europe?
Posted by Ximo, Wed Feb-06-02 04:39 AM
can i ask you where in yurop you've been?

>depends on where in europe u
>go. try iceland, for example.
>or the swedish countryside.

you just managed to pick two most isolated spots in europe :)
i don't know about iceland, but the scandinavian countryside (and countries in general) are really not where you'd want to go in europe if you're not scandinavian (in general).

>... but digging deeper i was dissapointed-

you must have dug in the wrong places.. did you mention denmark earlier?

>and don't forget the many holocausts
>that happened in europe and
>the visible fascist and white
>power forces that are growing
>power nowadays (mostly growing from
>rural to urban areas)

you're right about that, but you can't put that "danger" label on all european countries! you are talking about countries such as sweden, denmark, norway, switzerland and germany, which are all VERY nationalistic and troubled by a growing neo nazi movement. i'm saying this as a person from norway, where what you hear about immigrants (mostly middle eastern & african) is almost always negative.

what i'm saying is that the countries i mentioned are probably the most nationalistic countries in europe! what about uk, france, spain? i'm from norway, been living in spain for 1 1/2 year now, and let me tell you that the difference between the two cultures (norway and spain) are enourmous! although spain has its problems with immigration (ala the mexican border), racism is very little - africans are not looked upon as something else.

<sig>
"Today’s real borders are not between nations, but between powerful
and powerless, free and fettered, privileged and humiliated" -
"I went to school for 14 years and my best teacher was experience" -
-
</sig>