Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectDon't dispute my reality
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9351&mesg_id=9463
9463, Don't dispute my reality
Posted by M2, Tue Feb-05-02 03:08 PM
I'm just telling you my experiences with my last girlfriend....as well as general trends I've noticed with other girls I've dated and via what my cousins (Dad's side of the family is from England) have told me.

Salesmen, Bad Service, Rowdy Rednecks....that's going to happen to me no matter who I date. But for the most part, I've managed to avoid it.

People saying "Black People are Sexy" trying to feel your hair...that depends on the person....never had that with europeans, only with Americans.....again just relating my experience.

Travel, I like to travel and they're racist people everywhere....but based on my experiences people are much more racist in the US...I feel more comfortable in the UK and other parts of Europe then I do various parts of the midwestern and southern US.

But that's just me.

As for our families, I don't care...I really don't....we're dating each other...not each other's families. BUT, it was never a problem in our case....again just relating my experience.

FWIW, I and my sibs have dated Black people where our families didn't get along....and have dated Whites where our families got along swimmingly (Like my sister). Therefore....it's not a concern with me when I date Whites....or Blacks for that matter.

One thing: European countries (and people) vary wildly....some europeans may react with you in the same way Americans do, some may not....it depends. In my experience though, I'd prefer to date European Whites then American Whites.

Anyway, I'm not saying you're wrong....I'm just saying that in my experience...relationships with Europeans have gone well.

Peace,

M2