Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectPeople Understand her just fine,....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9351&mesg_id=9417
9417, People Understand her just fine,....
Posted by M2, Sat Feb-09-02 11:22 AM
......in fact no one really disagrees with her about people making a choice...

......a choice where you decide to get with someone you like.....wow, what a controversial subject.....this shouldn't even be a topic for discussion.

If anything, we really should be saying that no one chooses who they develop feelings for, fall in love with.....they simply decide whether or not they'll act on those feelings.

E.g. People choose to act, more so then choose to have feelings for or to fall in love with.

How many of us still love, have strong feelings for someone we're no longer with or know that we shouldn't be with? OR Have feelings for someone that we don't want to have feelings for?

Anyway........

........the disagreements arise when she makes assumptions with respect to how people value their race, are being true to their responsibilities (as she sees them), not wanting to raise Black Babies, not valuing Black mothers, saying that since they are plenty of single Black Women they chose White over Black, etc, etc.

The one and ONLY assumption you can make when you see someone with ANYONE (regardless of their race) is that this is a person that they had feelings for AND that they choose to act on those feelings.

You cannot make Blanket assumptions and/or present them as absolute with respect to the decisions of someone else....without having detailed knowledge of that person and the thought process that went into that decision.

When you make those kind of assumptions, you just look like a fool......particularly when you're unwilling to consider information from the person who made the decision in the first place...because the person who made the decision is the expert on said decision....only that person knows what they were thinking when they made it.

Yes, with any decision you make, people are going to praise it, deride it, analyze it or criticize it....but only YOU are the expert on that choice....and people passing judgement or commenting on it......are themselves open for praise, Derision, agreement what have you.....based on the their comments with respect to the person's decision.

The point I'm trying to make (In my usual Verbose way :)) is that if you see me walking down the street with a woman of any race, all you can say is that I had feelings for this woman and chose to act on them.

Any other assumptions you make with respect to how I value Black women, raising Black babies, my so called options amongst the available single Black Women, my supposedly choosing a compatible White woman over a compatible Black woman, etc, etc....will just be speculation....

....and if I deride your speculation or say you're wrong....you basically have to accept it...because only I know why I made a particular decision.

Peace,

M2