Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectEmpirical Data
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9351&mesg_id=9410
9410, Empirical Data
Posted by M2, Wed Feb-06-02 02:39 PM
>I never said that deciding to
>date within your race means
>you're more likely to get
>abused.

I never said you did, I was talking

>I said believing that you don't
>choose who you love or
>have power over who/what you
>accept in your life FALLS
>RIGHT IN LINE with the
>type of thinking many abused
>women have.

I disagree.....plenty of women who won't accept abuse don't believe you choose how you love....hell most people don't believe that.

>I never ever implied that she
>would be more likely to
>be abused. I believe
>your sister chose her mate...some
>people want to suggest
>that she didn't...she just "fell"
>& couldn't help it. That's
>bullshit, imo.

That's the thing, you "BELIEVE" but you don't know. You don't know my sister, where she lives, who she associates with, what she's like, her socio-economic background, nothing...all you know is that she's with a White Man...so you ASSUME that it must be because she's made a value judgement to date Whites over Blacks.

But in all reality you simply don't know.

All you have is an assumption, an assumption you're porporting to be fact, the final word.

But you don't really know.

Unless you're in someone's shoes, and know for a fact that they're coming into contact with Black women that are connecting with them and they are disabusing those connections in favor of White Women.....you really don't know.

You're just assuming and you really can't porport it to be fact.

As far as Values and Options go, oftentimes people options will outweigh their values.......I value living in the Northeast I wouldn't live anywhere else in this country, but I got laid off....and if best job OPTION is located in California....I'm not going to bag Groceries at the Acme just so I can keep living near Philly.

Why?

Because financially it won't work.....I have no choice....your options can define your values.

Considering how many people who are looking for a Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Black, Korean, Puerto Rican, Jamaican, et al...mate and are having difficulty...it's not inconceivable that these people's options could end up defining their choices...even in the face of contrary values.

Peace,

M2