Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectHon, I'm past my 20s
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9351&mesg_id=9399
9399, Hon, I'm past my 20s
Posted by nahymsa, Tue Feb-05-02 07:26 AM
I choose who I deal with, I don't deal with drug dealers, I don't deal with men who hit women, I don't deal with men with bad teeth, I don't date men who are shorter than me, I don't date me that don't read books, I don't deal w/ men that support Clarence Thomas. And I don't date white men. I've decided on a daily basis who I will give the opportunity to get to know me better..I certainly don't make myself available to each man that approaches me. I would never teach my daughters that you stumble into the most important relationship into your life or that LOVE CHOOSES YOU. We all should decide what we value and make sure that we seek that in our mates & bring it into our lives. Women that don't are the same type that end up cowering from fists thinking love is something that's grabbed hold of them. I would never tell anyone that they don't have the power to choose who they love....its God given.

I boiled it down to the basic because it really is that simple. We're not talking about a situation where there are physically not enough black women to pair up with black men. If a black man wants a black woman, he has an overwhelming selection or he can go to where there is one.

>People should start giving potential mates
>physical and intellectual tests to make sure they pass on
>good genes to their children.

People already do that, most people without down syndrome wouldn't date someone with it. Most of us aren't atracted to the sickly or the weak.

If you don't feel black people should look out for one another that's your business. Thankfully, those before you didn't feel that way. You decide what you value. My mate & I will adopting a black child because that's our responsibility to our people, our community. Those are our values. IF your values don't lead you there then so be it.