Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Are you black?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9351&mesg_id=9398
9398, RE: Are you black?
Posted by M2, Mon Feb-04-02 08:47 PM
>Because I hardly see why you
>feel qualified to tell black
>people what should be important
>to them if you're not.

The color of my skin holds no relevance to the validity of my opinons in this matter...

But since you asked.......

Go to the Grocery Store, buy a Twix Bar....remove the wrapper...I'm the same color as the Twix bar.

I'm living Chocolate.......

Answer your question?

>The point remains IF he
>wanted a black woman in
>his life, he would make
>the point of getting one...period.
>Whoever fits in his life
>is his decision...its not arbitrary,
>its a choice because he
>can make room or not
>depending on what he values.

I'm tempted to ask your age and how many serious relationships you've had.

You make it sound like people have the option of going and picking someone out of a lineup and molding them into their ideal mate.

I don't mean to sound Daft..but grow up.

People don't just decide that they're going to love and "fit" with one type of person...it doesn't work that way.

If it was as simple as making something a priority and going out and getting that person.....no one would be single.

Seeing as you have no information as to the Black women he sees on a regular vs. the White women he sees.....you can't really make the determination with regards to whether he's met a Black woman he would've fit with as well or better with then this White Woman...a Black woman he would've fell in love with...and more importantly a Black woman who fell in love with HIM.

You've boiled this down to being as simple as someone purchasing a car....it's not.......

You can't make it a priority to fall in love with someone.....or for that person to connect with you....

Nor can you say that someone else didn't make it a priority unless you know for a fact that they are refusing to date Black Women and/or are rejecting good matches with Black women in order to wait for a non-Black woman who matches up.

>
>
>
>Who you love & mate with
>is the most important decision
>you can make in your
>life.

No one picks who they love, they pick who they want to love...two entirely different things.

You make this sound as mechanical a decision as me test driving a Mistsubish, A Nissan and a Honda and picking the Honda........

If we're going to take it to that level......

People should start giving potential mates physical and intellectual tests to make sure they pass on good genes to their children.

It does have far
>reaching social & spiritual repercussions.
>Its speaks volumns about what
>you value & what you
>don't. When Malcolm
>X chose his wife, her
>being black & muslim was
>part of his requirements because
>he valued blackness, Islam and
>wanted to bring forth &
>raise black muslim babies.

Even Malcolm wasn't that special.....it does NOT have far reaching social and spiritual repercussions beyond dealing with people who have an issue with it.

>I look around & see many
>single black women (parents &
>not), many fatherless children. I
>don't think its crazy to
>expect that black men should
>be the first ones that
>these people should be able
>to turn too orthat black
>men should think its a
>priority to join with women
>who could've been their mamas
>to make or care for
>children that could've been them.
>

#1. If you're a single Mother you need to be looking to the father of those kids for help, and/or doing what you can to take care of your family.

#2. It's not the responsibility of single Black men to take on the responsibility of someone else's family/kids just because the kids share a racial identity with them.

Personally, I won't date single mothers...nor do I feel I a responsibility to do so.

#3. Priorities, Shmiorities.....people should make it a priority to get with people that make them happy....period.

Stop turning this into some sort of social & spiritual crisis issue....if the person truly loves that person, let them be...the have no responsibility to reject someone who loves them, just so they can get with a Black woman.

I'm a rather strange person, an electic assemblage of likes & dislikes.....as well as goals and aspirations....I've found while I can make surface connections with women...it rarely goes deeper because they don't "Get Me"....and I know that if past history is any indication...if I find someone like that....even if the relationship doesn't workout...I have a friend for life.

SO, I'm not going to reject non-Black women who get me, in favor of one who doesn't, or in favor of waiting until the right Sistah comes along.

If I meet someone who "gets me" and they're Black...cool....if she's Korean/Italian/A Wasp or something else....cool...I don't have time to find the right sistah......when it's hard enough to find the right woman...

Peace,

M2