Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectSISTAHS NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9326&mesg_id=9326
9326, SISTAHS NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Posted by guest, Mon May-15-00 11:08 AM
I am greatly sickened! Everytime I turn on MTV or BET...I see the same young black women shakin' there asses on camera! I have had it! I mean and it just isn't on the t.v. either, u see that ish on the street. I don't understand why sistahs are lookin' so trashy? I know they want attention, but c mon...some of the stuff I see sistahs wearin' is just shameful! I myself HAVE never looked like that...my mama, aunts, and grandma would all beat my ass! Why is it that sistahs are putting another stipulation to hundreds of years of being seen as by "the white man" as being crazy sexual beasts? Black women throughout our history (if alive today) would probably go running around the cities with belts to "zapp asses!" I feel that we as women need to respect ourselves and respect the wishes and hope of our ancestors...we've come so far ya'll...don't put something in our way! WE are all beautiful black women...can't we all be natural? NO...I suppose not, but I guess I'll have to pray on our situation...yo' hit me up with what U think!!!!! PEACE and LOVE
F. SONJATHA AUTEE