Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: i'm really interested in this idea
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9229&mesg_id=9270
9270, RE: i'm really interested in this idea
Posted by M2, Sat Feb-02-02 07:07 AM

>how do you recognize a sexually
>repressed adult? u defined it
>for me, i want to
>know how do u recognize
>someone who is sexually repressed?
>what does it mean to
>be "comfortable w/ one's own
>sexuality?" how does one "explore/discover"
>one's sexuality? i mean it
>is involved in that exactly?

It's complicated, because it can come in many forms.

In an abstract it's someone who is suppressing their sexual desires out of a fear of letting go, or a fear that the act is "dirty" and/or "wrong". In essense, the person is more or less afraid of enjoying sex and even though they may be having sex, they don't fully allow themselves to do so.

Digging deeper, you could have people who aren't comfortable with their bodies, comfortable with the fact that they want sex, aren't able to fully express what they want sexually, aren't honest with themselves or their partners about the frequency that they desire sex, pretend to dislike certain acts they actually want to do, aren't comfortable with enjoying sex, etc, etc.

Basically, you have someone who hasn't fully accepted their sexual self.........whose desires and actions aren't completely in synch.

As for as exploring one's sexuality, that's mostly a function of having sex and discovering what one likes/dislikes.

You dig?

Peace,

M2

>we will agree to disgree on
>the rest.

Okay.