Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectMy uncle's a psychiatrist
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9229&mesg_id=9234
9234, My uncle's a psychiatrist
Posted by kemetian, Tue Jan-22-02 12:43 PM
he deals w/ ppl who have relocated here from the caribbean and time and again he finds that ppl who exhibit the dis-eases that ppl up here have are the ones who have been quickest to give up our way of life. no doubt u can't replicate every single thing up here, but the further away they move from it, the more "american" di-seases they have. all these whole bunch of disorders ppl have up here, u'd be hard-pressed to find back home.

u c if ppl would just stick to what they know instead of running down these ppl's crazy culture, they'd be a lot better off. mind u, i don't rule out the Tuskegee Experiment-like set-ups i've been hearing about on the continent. but i think it's an attack on the indigenous way of life from all sides really. now i hear there's a television station out of South Africa that transmits to a great portion of the continent, nonsense shows most sensible ppl here try to AVOID.

i just find that when We do We, We are best off.
Shemhotep
"If u want a butterfly u got to B a
butterfly" - India.Arie, Butterfly

"the wages of sin is death"
Romans ch.6 v.23

"If the essence of 'love'... is giving
selflessly or sacrificing for others,
how can it then be equated with
something that you can 'fall into or
out of'?" - Ra Un Nefer Amen,
Afrocentric Guide to a Spiritual Union