Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectLoaded QUESTIONS.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9205&mesg_id=9214
9214, Loaded QUESTIONS.
Posted by ya Setshego, Mon Feb-25-02 06:42 AM
Well, I guess I had a question about that too, but I didn't know it.

>>Again, avoiding discrimination is a tactical
>discussion....not a discussion related to
>financial management.

I understand the importance of protecting credit by paying credit card bills and student loan payments on time. Oprah did a financial show which revealed inadvertantly(I just noticed it from watching and listening all of the stories)that Blacks might get lower credit limits (these were all college students, so their incomes were based on student loans, so were all probably very similar in amount). The white students had like $20,000 and $30,000 in credit card debt! The Black students had like, $5,000 and $8,000 in credit card debt, and were saying how their credit was in ruins. They could not qualify for apartments, and had to live with their parents when they moved out of the dorm at college. One of the white girls had like $25, 000 in credit card debt, or something ridiculous, and her mother complained to Oprah that the girl turned right around and got ANOTHER credit card with like a $15,000 limit on it, and bought a brand new car with the credit after she graduated. How can this be? And what recourse do Blacks have against such financial injustices?

>>>>I will say that the advantage
>>>Whites have with respect to
>>>"understanding" credit, is simply understanding
>>>the value of protecting it.

I have that Black Economics thread printed out already. I'll search for it in one of my folders and re-read it. Thanks.>

>>It's called "Black Economics"
>
>
>
>Peace,
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>M2

"Next to God we are indebted to Afrikan women, first for
giving us life and secondly for making that life worth
living." -Mary Mc Leod Bethune

"Don't Hate the PLAYA Boy...hate the GAME," Granddad Freeman of the Boondocks(7-11-99)

*Twenty-three percent of women are "autoerotic singles" — they prefer to achieve sexual satisfaction alone(source-bet.com)

*If U have won a Grammy, one of two things are at play: 1. Your shit is TIGHT
2. U are white
-(Me)

"We are not a problem people. We are merely people, who have problems."-Dorothy I. Height(from We Are Not Vanishing)