Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subject OkayBlackOurstoryMonth 2002
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=9125&mesg_id=9125
9125, OkayBlackOurstoryMonth 2002
Posted by Solarus, Fri Feb-01-02 04:37 AM
Agoo!(May I have your attention!)

It's that time of the year again when Mcdonald's airs its Black commercials during the Primetime lineup :-)! For this year i decided to focus on education throughout the Afrikan diaspora. However "education" was (as still is) a life long process and in the traditional Afrikan communities everyone was responsible for educating one another. Therefore call out anyone that you wish.

Also for this year i've decided to no only focus on our past story but also the present and future, as we are living ancestors writing ourstory as we speak!

SE wo werE fi na wosankofa a yenkyi.

Akoneaba ne agoro
solarICE

"So many of those who consider themselves Afrikan centered spend so much time on themselves that they forget that the primary role of the adult in our tradition was to raise the children to improve the society for their children."- Mwalimu Baruti

***Daily Affirmation***

i must be a warrior. i must be an Afrikan father. i must be self-full. i must challenge myself daily to grow, to love my people in and through action. To reflect that love at all times. To be optimistic. To know that victory is in front of US.