Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: i cd never
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=8939&mesg_id=8943
8943, RE: i cd never
Posted by Ananse, Thu Mar-07-02 04:13 AM

>of all the countries out there
>that u would expect to
>put sum research into keeping
>the water drinkable.....

There is a lot of it being done. But there is a braod gap between the so called academic researech engineers and the practioners. Besides it also depends upon the current administration. I dunno how many of you are aware but dumb fuck Bush Jr. put a hold on all of the CLinton env. regualtions passed right before slick Willy bounced from office. Specifically they put a hold on the new arsenic standard becasue many of the utilities were bitchin' about how much money it was going to cost. They finally decided it was a good idea, but that was months later.

A slightly different topic, but recently a top regulatory "watch dog" from the EPA quit becasue of the current admin. env. policies. He says crackhead Jr. was being soft on air polluters, grandfathering in too many plants that have made upgrades. He (the regulators) claims unbias, pointing out that he started his job under Daddy Bush. My poin? Admin. plays a large role in env. enforecment and the funding for research. I think Solarus made a post about the politics of research funding recently...