Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWATER
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=8939&mesg_id=8939
8939, WATER
Posted by blackfists, Thu Mar-07-02 03:18 AM
Peace

I was in the store last nite with a friend & couldnt help noticing all the people that were purchasing WATER... So in passing through the water aisle I checked out the selection that they had

Not going into name brands... cuz I'd be posting forever, but This is what they had to offer, my list might be a little slim, becuz the shelves were not full.. but here it goes.

purified water
distilled water
drinking water

In addition, you might be the type that never buys water in the store & just drinks......

plain 'ol tap water

What about the people that live out in the country & have well water?

Some things that come to mind are:

Is is possible to drink tap water & remain healthy?
Some believe so, some don't.. but the ones that don't are they just advocates for the bottled water industury?

Our bodies fight off bacteria every second.. So if the tap water has bacteria in it.. our bodies should be able to fight off anything that could cause us harm.

personally I drink a little of both... & buy bottled water in the store because it is more convienent to buy a small bottle of water when you are driving than to stop in a place & ask for water... BUT at a convienence store (who's goal is to convienently rip you off)...

Water is MORE EXPENSIVE than GAS..
Gas - average .99 - $1.29 for a gallon
Water average .99 - $1.29 for 20 ounces

The average cost of water per gallon that I saw last nite in the supermarket was .69 - $1.29 a gallon.

That is a rip-off! & we start wars over oil? What's going to happen when the water runs dry? (some places it already is due to the lack of rain that we have been having.. I have a cousin that lives in VA in the sticks... her well is on the verge of drying up.)

hygenically speaking... is bottled water much cleaner than tap water?.. or not?

Is this water thing just a scam?
Who's to say that I can't open a water company & just fill it up with tap water.. make millions?

If any of you have any information about which water is better for you... post here

& If this has been discussed before, someone please post a link.. I searched the archives & didnt see anything so I posted away...

Peace & Blessings
Blackfists

Don't drink the water we need it for the fire! - Mos Def