Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectthere are no crossroads in the ears.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=8729&mesg_id=8809
8809, there are no crossroads in the ears.
Posted by naame, Sat Dec-08-01 07:40 PM
i thought the ideas it put forth were interesting as hell and thought provoking ... the film is enjoyable, but not necessarily "good".

that is if you accept "good" as an indication of an inherent quality within a normative scale capable of evaluating an event, person, potluck dish, or emotion and assigning it a place within a hierarcy of human instances that has been meticulously constructed over the past million years -- each individual contributing to it as the collective unconscious invariably maintains it in an effortless swipe of humanity's Swiffer across the ideals and ideas of a metaphysical communal tapestry that is continually woven and colored by each life and death that occurs under the auspices of time and space's watchdog, who i choose to call Spirochetes.

*floats away feet first*

- mosaic on WAKING LIFE (why everybody spells it in all caps is beyond me.)

another question: Why are folk so annoyed by smartasses? Why do black folk always talk to each other with smart ass attitudes? Like,

squeeg- "Yo, I just made my Varsity Basketball team!"
cocoateddybear- "Nah nigga you ain't make that shit!"
squeeg- "I'm not lying show me love!"
cocoateddybear- "Good job dunny, but you know you can't beat me son, forilla."
squeeg- "You tripping joe, I been ballin since day one, when i was dribblin and dunkin, you was droolin and shittin in your pants you faggot bastard."

-and why do black radio dj's always gotta sound so fucking hype all the time? why can't folk just be normal and speak in a regular conversational tone? Everytime I turn on the radio I got a Busta Rhymes clone yelling in my ear and shit about how KISS FM IS DA ULLLTIMATEEE!! BOOYYAAAH!!! BILIIBILII BLOWWDAAA!!! and shit...calm ya'll asses down. forilla.

holla.