Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Blessed...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=8650&mesg_id=8724
8724, RE: Blessed...
Posted by PAZRasta, Tue Mar-26-02 11:57 AM
That is one of the beauties of RastafarI, that we get to reason on issues and come to our INDIVIDUAL interpretations because we do not have to look at the lifestyle through any other "man's" eyes. The Bingi Elders have their individual but collective knowledge of how THEY AS black Africans have been oppressed and treated. That is something we, as white Rasta, can NEVER know like them. WE may know oppression in other ways, but not due to our skin color. I TOTALLY overstand their reasonings and views and how they feel. I'm happy being a sheep and a follower of Rastafari if that's what JAH has chosen for me. I know, as a white Rasta Woman I feel the guilt of what people of my color have done. I can easily say "it wasn't me"...but it might as well have been. I WANT to do whatever I can to correct it, even if it's uncorrectable in some's eyes. I KNOW Jah put me here, as a white woman and Rasta for a reason. I can't change or deny it. I KNOW what is in my heart, as a matter of fact, I'm in a NYABINGI band. Preacha, Sheppard and Ozzie are chanters/drummers percussion, there's a white bass drummer and white bongo drum player and I play flute and piccollo. Preacha, sheppard and ozzie are all Jamaicans... Preacha is a LONG dreadlocked Rasta, the other 2 are Rasta w/no dreads, the white bass drummer is not Rasta and Sherry the bongo drummer is a 60 year old white dreadlocked Rasta. Maybe people can bun fiyah pon it.. maybe they can laugh, call us JahFakin'... but those MEN and WOMAN do not know the heart's of us all. AND INI will only deal with JAH's judgement anyway, the only thing that really matters. Clean heart, pure mind, loving ALL, recognizing Selassie I as the Defender of the CHristian Faith.. King of Kings , that's Rasta. What do you think?