Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Can Whites Be Rasta?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=8650&mesg_id=8722
8722, RE: Can Whites Be Rasta?
Posted by PAZRasta, Tue Mar-26-02 12:16 AM
ONE love and Bless to all on this message board. I'm a member of the Lion of Judah group on yahoo and saw this discussion so decided to write. I am white, born in Babylon USA and I'm a RastafarI daughter. No MAN, no matter his color can tell me what I can and can't be. I know what is in my heart and that is my ultimate love of GOD/Jah and for the divine King Haile Selassie I who helped me along my path in RastafarI. It is NOT about the locks on your head, it's about the LOVE in your heart. GOD/JAH created us ALLLLLLL, and we ALL originated in Africa/Ethiopia. That's INCLUSIVE. ALL. NOT just BLACK Africans, white Africans, ALL HUMANS across the entire WORLD. Rastafari is a way of life, not a "religion". It is based on the BIBLE, on recognizing the oppression of BLACK Africans ESPECIALLY and about regaining Ethiopia as the promised land. Rastafari was started by Africans in Jamaica but has grown across the world. A LOT of white people have heard the messages from Bob Marley and throughout reggae music and if that's the way they've learned about Rasta, it's just another path to living for JAH. I personally found Rasta in my heart through learning about Africa, realizing the lies I was taught by my Catholic upbringing and reading the BIBLE for what it is.... the beginging and HISTORY of ALL people, which took place in Africa. I LOVE ALL and LIVE that way every day of my life. I recognized I was Rasta over 16 years now, didn't grow my locks until about 5 years ago and will never ever be told I am not or cannot be Rasta. I hope this opens up some discussion and anyone who has questions for InI please feel free to send them. ONE BLESSED LOVE to all, Sistren in PEACE Patti I