Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Can Whites Be Rasta?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=8650&mesg_id=8696
8696, RE: Can Whites Be Rasta?
Posted by TROM, Wed Mar-20-02 11:41 AM
Yes half of my family is Nyabinghi and if you travel to Jamaica or other parts of the globe you will find authentic white rastafari......They exist primarily in a peaceful and diversed sense where everyone is gods child regardless of color or race. However you have some rastas who are so pro-black that they exclude white rastas and any rasta who isn't jamaican. It's a complex question with a even more complex answer. I've seen bonafied rastas that are chinese,dominican,cuban,haitian,panamanian,white,indian...shit i've seen it all. These people are rasta meaning they believe in the divinity of HIM and have disciplined ways of living. White boys who look like Korn with those bullshit dreads dont count. Rasta is a very spiritual thing and the only leader of the movement is jah. No one who is rasta can tell someone else they can't follow the life style. The only exceptions are that you can't be a homo are be a carnivore. Remember that bob marley is half white and has half white children who are rasta. Hope I helped