Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjecthere's the difference:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=8544&mesg_id=8620
8620, here's the difference:
Posted by Utamaroho, Wed Apr-03-02 06:40 AM
"I think that EVERYWHERE you go there are gonna be some folks who are cool with it and some who are shame."

-you "THINK". based on your limited view of the world (i.e. what you see around you) you are now universalizing your experience.

i actually "looked" for similar behaviors in other cultures and referenced a book written BY women that tell of the history of breatfeeding and societal and cultural ideas associated with it. only in america were laws passed to limit the behavior... they said that in no other place (outside of western culture) was this stigma attached to breastfeeding.

if you don't agree with it...find SPECIFIC examples of where else this happens in a similar fashion to how it happens here.

"You gotta DO, fuck that almost shit!" -Talib Kweli

"These cats drink champagne and toast to death and pain, Like slaves on a ship talking about who got the flyest chain." -Talib Kweli

"C'mon, shine so bright when I walk by
You gotta squint like the motherfucking sun in your eye. What!" -Talib Kweli

"Medicine is big business so my remedies is herbal.
It's music is for the people so we Reflection Eternal" -Talib Kweli

"Cursing me like Ham, cuz I'm original and you're like the King James version" - Talib Kweli