Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectshort-sighted
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=8544&mesg_id=8594
8594, short-sighted
Posted by hyde, Wed Apr-03-02 07:17 AM
while it's true that some women are prioritizing their careers over their children... many women return to work to *provide* for their children, period. i think that it's insensitive to assume that a working woman just doesn't care about bonding with her child. because yes, that is her choice, but what's the other option? to lose half (or all) of the family income, and not be able to provide the child with as many opportunities in the future.

it's not as easy as you want to make it.

-k-

"I WAS GONNA ASK... ARE YOU BLACK OR WHITE?...HOW ABOUT i SAW THIS WHITE GIRL IN THE BAR WHILE I WAS WITH MY GIRLS...SHE HAD THE WHOLE ALICIA THANG GOING ON AND WOULDN'T MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH US FOR ISH...I THOUGHT IT WAS HILARIOUS....IT WASN'T LIKE WE WERE GOING TO RUIN HER WHOLE NUBIAN PRINCESS FANTASY THING SHE HAD GOING ON....WHY WAS SHE AFRAID TO LOOK AT US....YOU HAD TO BE THERE...HAHAHAHAH...THEN ONE TIME I SAW THIS LITTLE WHITE GIRL IN THE DRUG STORE WITH HER PARENTS AND SHE HAD HER HAIR BRAIDED...SHE KEPT JUMPING AROUND AND DANCING....I THOUGHT TO MYSELF...IS THIS HOW SHE THINK LITTLE BLACK GIRLS ACT????"
-dtblack, on infin8's braided hair on the job experience