Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: ultimately it'd mean changing SOCIETIES views towards women and nursing...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=8544&mesg_id=8583
8583, RE: ultimately it'd mean changing SOCIETIES views towards women and nursing...
Posted by Utamaroho, Wed Apr-03-02 04:40 AM
"I hear you but instead of comparing this society to others why not come up with ideas that will work here in this particular reality."

- i could make a whole post about this but... i really don't think that these provisional changes are really helping. i think they do more harm than good. sorta like how g_love was talking about that BK veggie burger. fuck the half way shit. go all out! interestingly enough...the nigerians sitting next to me are recanting tales of how continentals view americans and their attitudes with pregnancy...they think american women are weakl as hell and don't even TRY to do shit while pregnant which accounts for their lack of intensity when performing tasks and inability to cope with things that the nigerian women would generally laugh at...

also in their families...the women breastfeed LONGEr and recouperate SOONER than american women do. blame it on the way they see lazy americans...but it makes a good point. either DO what's "right"/"natural" or suffer the consequences of half-steppin'.

i'm not trying to sound harsh...but when billions of other people avoi problems that are kinda SPECICIFIC to this land...i can't help but see the problem being something easily solvable by adopting other techniques that DO work.

"You gotta DO, fuck that almost shit!" -Talib Kweli

"These cats drink champagne and toast to death and pain, Like slaves on a ship talking about who got the flyest chain." -Talib Kweli

"C'mon, shine so bright when I walk by
You gotta squint like the motherfucking sun in your eye. What!" -Talib Kweli

"Medicine is big business so my remedies is herbal.
It's music is for the people so we Reflection Eternal" -Talib Kweli

"Cursing me like Ham, cuz I'm original and you're like the King James version" - Talib Kweli