Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectumm...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=8544&mesg_id=8578
8578, umm...
Posted by Utamaroho, Wed Apr-03-02 05:19 AM
"but i had to go through some "unnaturalness" to get to that point. and that's what i'm saying. if you can't offer people solutions for the here-and-now, then all that other shit you're saying just doesn't matter. help me find solutions right now, do that, and maybe i'll be open to what you have to say about the future."

-this is the very idea of the classic ameriacn "band-aid" fix.

people get surgeries to correct their colon cancer...peopl get told they have high blood pressure..people are told that they need a spedcific surgery to remove a damaged organ... and all these people get the "fix" but don't make that change in the FUTURE. that's the point. this culture has many, many, band-aid fixes...that help people to survive, but they also have many, many, many, many repeats of the same conditions.

you might be an exception...but the people i talk to continue to ask for band-aid, after band-aid, after band-aid. and this is how the solutions here work...you get a fix and then don't move on to a point to where you don't have to have that fix gain...thus people continue the same behaviors.

what are YOUr suggestions to get people to do something NATURAL (in this breastfeeding example) vs. doing the wrong thing, o using quick fixes?

"You gotta DO, fuck that almost shit!" -Talib Kweli

"These cats drink champagne and toast to death and pain, Like slaves on a ship talking about who got the flyest chain." -Talib Kweli

"C'mon, shine so bright when I walk by
You gotta squint like the motherfucking sun in your eye. What!" -Talib Kweli

"Medicine is big business so my remedies is herbal.
It's music is for the people so we Reflection Eternal" -Talib Kweli

"Cursing me like Ham, cuz I'm original and you're like the King James version" - Talib Kweli