Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectkey:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=8544&mesg_id=8577
8577, key:
Posted by 360sunsumyea, Wed Apr-03-02 05:10 AM
having a community suport you. take that out and the game changes.

let's use me as an example. when i was pregnant w/ my son, i was in tally in a supportive, wholistic environmnet. 7 months pregnant, i came home to see my mom for the firts time since i had been pregnant. stressful situation, my blood pressure sky rockets, i start feeling like i'm having a heart attack, 24 hours later i'm having a c-section halfway across the country from my support network.

everything that i had "planned" to do didn't go that way. i was supposed to have a natural childbirth. i was supposed to be surrounded by like-minded people. that was the plan.

anyways, my son couldn't breastfeed but what i COULD do was pump my breasts and they would feed it to him intraveneously. which i did. and he survived and after a month and a half they released him and i was able to pick up breastfeeding in a "normal" way.

but i had to go through some "unnaturalness" to get to that point. and that's what i'm saying. if you can't offer people solutions for the here-and-now, then all that other shit you're saying just doesn't matter. help me find solutions right now, do that, and maybe i'll be open to what you have to say about the future.

**********THE SIG**********

"Until you're truly ready to say fuck your fear, you are not alive..."
-Cee Lo 'Rollin'

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness, and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy or they become legends."
-One Stab 'Legends of the Fall'