Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectthis "ease into it" technique is failing...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=8544&mesg_id=8576
8576, this "ease into it" technique is failing...
Posted by Utamaroho, Wed Apr-03-02 04:44 AM
simple as that. eventually a "sharp break" and a light bulb must light up that makes the person choose between DOING what will/has work, vs. sticking with what they've been doing. why not just have that happen at the beginning?

at soul veggie in the KOH (kingdom of ya) they don't PLY. they deliver naturally and do all the nursing and childcare as it has been done for centuries... they do it all themselves and have some healthy ass babies. one thing they don't have though...are excuses. they HAVE to do it when they enter... no if, ands, or buts about it. sometimes that's just the way it has to be.

it of course leaves out a lot of people who just won't DO those things...but you can't force people to change. they have to do that themselves...

"You gotta DO, fuck that almost shit!" -Talib Kweli

"These cats drink champagne and toast to death and pain, Like slaves on a ship talking about who got the flyest chain." -Talib Kweli

"C'mon, shine so bright when I walk by
You gotta squint like the motherfucking sun in your eye. What!" -Talib Kweli

"Medicine is big business so my remedies is herbal.
It's music is for the people so we Reflection Eternal" -Talib Kweli

"Cursing me like Ham, cuz I'm original and you're like the King James version" - Talib Kweli