Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjecta coworker...whose wife just gaev birth...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=8544&mesg_id=8567
8567, a coworker...whose wife just gaev birth...
Posted by Utamaroho, Wed Apr-03-02 04:09 AM
was telling me of some things they learned about the pump from the many doctors they talked to...

they are west indian and were VERY adamant about NOT using it at all. one thing they were told is that the pump will not allow the breast to CONTINUE to produce milk as does a baby. studies shown (and this is from teh doctors' mouths they visited and asked) said that there is a significant difference between the amount of milk produced over time from suckling vs. pumping. i don't think we need to go into the natural argument as to the impact of such a change. if the breast stops producing milk sooner with the pump than with a REAL baby... then the end user (the baby) will certainly be affected...as other studies showed. the ddoctors said there are real good alternatives to breast milk that try to mimic the real thing...but nothing is better than a NATURAL child suckling a NATURAL breast.

"You gotta DO, fuck that almost shit!" -Talib Kweli

"These cats drink champagne and toast to death and pain, Like slaves on a ship talking about who got the flyest chain." -Talib Kweli

"C'mon, shine so bright when I walk by
You gotta squint like the motherfucking sun in your eye. What!" -Talib Kweli

"Medicine is big business so my remedies is herbal.
It's music is for the people so we Reflection Eternal" -Talib Kweli

"Cursing me like Ham, cuz I'm original and you're like the King James version" - Talib Kweli