Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Poverty=Promiscuity=Lack of Education and guidance
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=8479&mesg_id=8533
8533, RE: Poverty=Promiscuity=Lack of Education and guidance
Posted by Cre8, Tue Apr-30-02 10:15 AM
Most kids in poverty attend a public school. Public schools in upper communities are given more money bringing in better teachers(at least PhD wise)as well as more resources(programs etc). Poorer neighborhoods are given the left-overs or lil or nothing at all to work with. This includes sex education courses, health and fitness,also parental training courses:Like when students are given a baby(doll)and must play mommy or daddy to it for a 48 period. There are also PlanParentHood and other such facilities in upperclass(mid class) neighborhoods that give out FREE contraceptives to students.
Poor schools are barely given a sex ed. class.

Prime example: My first sex.ed class was in 6th grade, that course cont. until 8th grade. My brother(h.s. Junior) and sister(8thgrade) have NEVER had a sex.ed class. The difference, I attended a elementary school that was upperclass located in the heart of a hospital district were many doctors sent their children and most kids went on to Whitney Young H.S. My lil bro and sis attend(ed) the neighborhood school located in a low to somewhat mid class area.

If the playing field (education, career,etc) was leveled statistics might not exist.