Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE:hmmmmmm
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=8479&mesg_id=8508
8508, RE:hmmmmmm
Posted by jenNjuice, Tue Apr-30-02 04:53 AM
>the fact is that wealthy people have more avenues to sex >information and birth control than than poor.

i disagree
as stated prior there are numerous free clinics for inner city youth that offer the SAME information, planned parent hood to be exact..if anything i would say as far as knowledge is concerned BOTH sides of the coin are fairly ignorant and fairly knowledgable about information pertaining to conception, contraception and the like...

a "rich" friend of mine told me that if i dousch after sex i won't get pregnant...a "poor" friend told me if i get that "pill" and take it within a matter of three days i won't get pregnant...

do these two people speak for their entire class?

NO...

point is these misconceptions and ideas run rampid amongst people of all ages, races, different social classes etc...

THIS is what shapes the mind set and ignites the product of certain things...
NOT race, or social class..

people love to go off on tangents and create "realities" that's limited to a "certain" group and totally ignore the "possibility" that the SAME things go on else where...

this is just a general statement..peace