Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectlaughable
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7971&mesg_id=8142
8142, laughable
Posted by nighttripper, Mon Jul-08-02 10:16 PM
>lol. get some knowledge man. That's hilarious. I probably
>know more about the US than you know about Europe.

Maybe, maybe not. Who cares, though?

>England
>didn't invent capitalism. Capitalism has been there forever.
>Just because there such a thing as "Manchester Capitalism"
>doesn't mean that you can ascribe the invention of
>capitalism to England.

Dude, one thing's for sure, you don't know squatt about history, to be saying shit like "Capitalism has been there forever". So, in the Middle-Age, under the feodal system, in a rural-only economy, Capitalism was there?

The conquest of the Americas inaugurated capitalism, but it really started in the 18th century, when the technological level they'd reached enabled Western Europe countries to fully exploit the natural resources of their colonies (and God knows they did fully exploit them...). But capitalism as we know it today (though it's obviously changing), with its associated model of government, was birthed by the Industrial Revolution of the 19th century. England was leading the movement, and came up with the concept of the so-called "parliamentary democracy".

Get a grip, nitwit, then come back to me.

>Moreover have you have heard of Puritans or Calvanists? Go
>and get some knowledge sucker.
>

Yes, I've heard of them. What's your point?

>Ever heard of John Winthorp? That's what I call culture lol.
>And The US is build on his ideologies... As a result, Europe
>is definitely more "cultured" than the US.

For starters, it's John Winthrop, you dumbass. Then, "as a result" is a phrase that's used by sane people to express a link of causality between two propositions. And I, like every sane people who would be reading this, fail to see the relation between John Winthrop's influence on the US and Europe being more "cultured", you lunatic (haha, I made a funny).

Also, please undulge me, where were John Winthrop and the Puritans from already?

>Europe sucks
>sometimes, but I prefer living in Europe. There is no such
>city as Rome, Paris, Barcelona or London in the US.

Who cares where you prefer living, you moron?

Well, matter of fact, I do, so that I never get a chance to meet you...