Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Eurotrash
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7971&mesg_id=8109
8109, RE: Eurotrash
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Wed Jul-10-02 04:22 PM
>nope. I just have a problem with people who use the plural
>maiestatis. I never say "we" or "us" when referring to
>topics like that one.

Hey good for you.

>I knew you wouldn't get it. Irony is a stylistic device
>which is obviously totally unknown in the US.

You don't get it, do you? Sarcasm is obviously totally unknown in Europe.

>see above. Btw one word: "Superstrat". If you know a bit
>about the Middle English period you'll know what I mean -
>The English peeps didn't like it all. Nowadays the same
>thing happens again - in a different way. Europeans don't
>like that. Language determines the way you think. Compared
>with languages like French, Italian, German, etc American
>English is fuckin simple.

You *really* don't get it, do you? Amazing, simply amazing... I thought you supposedly knew what irony was? Oh well... Anyway, I thought English was this complex hybrid Germanic language with French, Latin & Scandinavian elements, yet now you tell me that compared to French, Italian and German its "fuckin simple"? Make up your fucking mind, asshole. (And yeah, "courier electronique" is SO much more complex than "e-mail", it conveys SO much more thougth and insight... how could anyone have ever managed with just plain old American English "e-mail", it's just so "fuckin simple" - LOL)

Oh yeah, if Europeans are so morally opposed to this cultural imperialism that's encroaching on their complex, elegant languages and threatening to impede their thought processes with "fuckin simple" American English, then why the fuck did they go all over the Earth and do the same fucking thing to the rest of the world? Do you realize how "fuckin simple" French, Italian, German, etc are compared to some of the indigenous languages they've essentially eradicated throughout the globe?
Karma's a bitch, motherfucker.

>I like certain artists. That doesn't necessarily mean that I
>like American culture in general. Logics.

Whatever; you like hip hop, which means that there are aspects of American culture which you like. Just admit it instead of being such a fucking hypocrite.

>lol. That's just why the first synthi artists came from
>Europe..

And that proves that disco music wasn't an offshoot of funk music how? Oh, and since you think European disco was so influential to hip hop, I must admit, you're absolutely right. Here's what Davey D had to say on the subject in "The Origins of Rap (as told by Davey D)":

"NY's Black radio station began to position themselves so they would appeal to a more affluent, older and to a large degree, whiter audience. ... young people found themselves being excluded especially when bubble gum and Europeanized versions of disco music began to hit the air waves. To many, this style of music lacked soul and to a large degree sounded too formulated and mechanical... With all this happening a void was created and hip hop filled it... Point blank, hip hop was a direct response to the watered down, Europeanized, disco music that permeated the airwaves."

So yeah, Eurotrash disco did have a fundamental role in the origin of hip hop after all.

>Okayplayer.com is based on hate, envy & jealousy.

No, you must be mistaking us with France.

>Conscious HipHop is nothin but fascism in disguise.

Fascism: another lovely gift that European culture has given to the world. How proud you must be.

40th Street Black knocks 'em out...
____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Soccer was invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands were cooking" - Hank Hill