Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Eurotrash
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7971&mesg_id=8107
8107, RE: Eurotrash
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Wed Jul-10-02 02:13 PM
>"You" didn't save nobody.

Neither did the French, but I digress...

"I" didn't say that "I" saved anybody. I said that "we", as in "we Americans", saved you fucking panzies after you rolled over like dogs to the Germans. And I say "we" Americans because you seem to have issues with "we" Americans as a whole, not just me. If you're gonna generalize and try to lay your issues with American culture as a whole on me personally, then don't start getting all fucking nitpicky when I generalize things in the same way myself.

>Btw did you know that you're
>speakin a Germanic language which core words are French,
>Latin & Scandinavian in origin? If there wasn't "us", you
>wouldn't even speak that language. I love that kind of
>argumentation. It's so fuckin simple...

By Jove! Are you telling me that English has its roots in other European languages? What a revelation! Thanks for letting me in on that little secret, genius. And if that's the case, then maybe you can also tell me why the French, Germans, Italians, and most other Europeans are all so uptight now that this Pan-European language of Germanic roots with core words of French, Latin & Scandinavian origin is coming back home and becoming so pervasive throughout Europe, and in reaction you guys are trying to fight it with stupid bullshit like calling e-mail "courier electronique" and other dumb shit like that? I mean what's the big deal, if it wasn't for "you", we wouldn't even speak that language. Your "fucking simple" argument just got a little complicated, slick...

>I like Hi-tek, Rakim & Nas. That's why I'm here.

Oh, so then you do have an appreciation for American culture? Why didn't you just say so from the beginning? You could have saved yourself the embarrasment, and saved us all some time.

>Just like disco music is of European origin. Isn't disco
>music a root of HipHop?

Kind of... this is what Davey D had to say on the subject:

"NY's Black radio station began to position themselves so they would appeal to a more affluent, older and to a large degree, whiter audience. ... young people found themselves being excluded especially when bubble gum and Europeanized versions of disco music began to hit the air waves. To many, this style of music lacked soul and to a large degree sounded too formulated and mechanical... With all this happening a void was created and hip hop filled it... Point blank, hip hop was a direct response to the watered down, Europeanized, disco music that permeated the airwaves..."

So yeah, sure, European disco did kind of help to bring about hip hop, but not in a way I think you'd want to take credit for. Either way, disco music is an offshoot of funk music, which is of American origin. So your point is... ?

>Okayplayer.com is based on hate, envy & jealousy.

No, you're mistaking us with France.

>Conscious HipHop is nothin but fascism in disguise.

Fascism: another lovely gift European culture has given to the world. How proud you must be.

40th Street Black knocks 'em out...
____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Soccer was invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands were cooking" - Hank Hill