Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: My apologies
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7971&mesg_id=8090
8090, RE: My apologies
Posted by te_pakeha, Wed Jul-10-02 07:06 PM
Apology much appreciated...
The problem with re-negotiating another treaty is that Maori are not one as such...Ngati Porou don't necessarily see eye to eye with Ngai(Kai)Tahu, nor Tainui with Ngati Awa (or any other combination). Maybe once all the treaty grievances have been settled then maybe, because Maori and Pakeha will be on a level-playing field, but the in-fighting between Maori will always be a problem, so too the infighting between Pakeha (strictly speaking that is everyone else, those of European, Samoan, Africa or Asian descent...technically they are all pakeha), so speaking as just one, seeing as having the Queen as the head of state doesn't really make any difference to day to day life in Aotearoa, why go changing?

Oh yeah, and while we still probably do have the best rugby players in the world, I'm a little scared that come Saturday night the fucking Aussies (no offense to any fucking Aussies out there intended) may show us again why playing as a team may count for a little bit extra...sigh