Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: byline
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7971&mesg_id=8086
8086, RE: byline
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Tue Jul-09-02 10:03 PM
>i just spent the last 2 months in america, checking for
>myself, and it was just as i suspected:
>you have some beautiful, nice, friendly people there too. as
>does europe.

Thanks for telling me what I already know Sherlock. Very insightful.

>in fact, i'm in london now. and the dumbass
>quota is pretty much the same both sides of the atlantic.

And you just filled the quota for your side of the pacific. Congratulations.

>(oh, but i've never, ever, performed any kind of "bowing or
>scraping" for the Queen. no ceremonies ever. not once.

Wow, you're a regular William Wallace, aren't you? But if you Kiwis are really so averse to groveling to your Queen as good loyal subjects should, then why do you continue to keep her as your Royal Sovereign and head of state? You can't have it both ways, or else you just end up looking like a bunch of hypocrites.

>i mean... you'd know this if you'd ever been near my home
>country instead of just pretending you knew what goes on
>there..

I don't "pretend" to know anything about what goes on in your home country; I *know* that despite your alleged pride in your own national identity you are still British subjects who owe allegiance to the British Crown, and that collectively you are all free to change this whenever you wish, but you choose not to. This makes it seem rather ironic when you call Americans and Europeans ignorant while your own country clings to an ignorant European Queen in a particularly ignorant European tradition. I mean, I think the British are pretty ridiculous for keeping the whole British Monarchy thing going, but at least it's understandable, considering that they're actually BRITISH... but what's New Zealand's excuse? As Obi-wan said, "Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

>americans do a LOT more worshipping of their flag
>than kiwis do of big Liz, trust me.

Yeah, but Americans worship OUR flag, not someone else's flag, and not some foreign monarch. NZ on the other hand still bows down to 'big Liz' as its Royal Sovereign whether you want to admit it or not. And you don't even have your own flag, you just have the Union Jack with a few stars added. How imaginative. Let me give you a little tip: the British Empire is dead. Sic transit gloria; let it go and move on, otherwise the rest of the world will continue to view you guys as less of an actual nation than as some sort of subordinate backwater British branch office.

>you know the pledge of allegiance? yeah.

You mean the one that was found uncostitutional by a federal court recently? Yeah.

You know the Oath of Allegiance to the Queen that you require your MP's to take (i.e. that they take on your behalf)? Yeah.

>i don't even know what 'god save the
>queen' sounds like, unless you're talking sex pistols. but
>hey, you didn't need yet another example of your own
>ignorance highlighted, i'm sure.)

Never mind the bollocks, that doesn't change the fact that you're a subject of the British Crown and owe your allegiance to the Queen. That being the case, not knowing what 'god save the queen' sounds like is either ignorance on your part or just a very pathetic gesture of rebellion unworthy of the mention of the Sex Pistols in the same breath. If you were really serious about your own national identity and pride, you and your Kiwi mates would grow some balls and cut your ties with big Liz and the British. But for all your big talk you're just a bunch of complacent cowards whose insecurity, lack of initiative, and blind adherence to outdated traditions leaves you as pathetic groveling subjects of a foreign monarch in a backwater outpost clinging to the faded glory that was once the British Empire. But hey, you didn't need yet another example of your own ignorance highlighted, i'm sure.

>..oh, and in the US and the UK.... why are the ignorant ones
>always the loudest?

I don't know, why don't you ask big Liz while you're in London groveling at her feet like the spineless subject of a foreign monarch that you are?

>(......insert indignant retort below, and my case is closed.
>and thats goodbye for another two months... at least.)

Good, maybe it'll be another 2 months before you go getting all up in other people's business when it ain't got nothing to do with you. Don't start none, won't be none.

40th Street Black knocks 'em out...
____________________________________________________________________________________________

"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is: Never try." - Homer Simpson

"Bunch of savages in this town" - Clerks