Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectbyline
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7971&mesg_id=8085
8085, byline
Posted by tohunga, Tue Jul-09-02 03:53 PM
i just spent the last 2 months in america, checking for myself, and it was just as i suspected:

you have some beautiful, nice, friendly people there too. as does europe. in fact, i'm in london now. and the dumbass quota is pretty much the same both sides of the atlantic.

(oh, but i've never, ever, performed any kind of "bowing or scraping" for the Queen. no ceremonies ever. not once. i mean... you'd know this if you'd ever been near my home country instead of just pretending you knew what goes on there.. americans do a LOT more worshipping of their flag than kiwis do of big Liz, trust me. you know the pledge of allegiance? yeah. i don't even know what 'god save the queen' sounds like, unless you're talking sex pistols. but hey, you didn't need yet another example of your own ignorance highlighted, i'm sure.)

..oh, and in the US and the UK.... why are the ignorant ones always the loudest?

(......insert indignant retort below, and my case is closed. and thats goodbye for another two months... at least.)