Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjecti can agree with you on 80%
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7971&mesg_id=7986
7986, i can agree with you on 80%
Posted by Federisco, Sun Jul-14-02 04:30 AM
and i'm glad to see that.

But what i feel you are being very certain about but with little true knowledge is:
>And again, I'm saying that they are a small minority of the
>collective population. (who knows about distant cultures)

I think it's mostly an assumption from your side. Like i said in another post, of course the approach is more or less eurocentric in european countries (depending alot on the "greatness"/"importance" of the country - for example there is more in france than in norway), but distant cultures are still given much more respect and time to study than in USA. And I mean specially within the children's school. And within the society as a whole (excluding the university, because it is more an elite thing, and becomes even more eurocentric than other centres for learning). I probably say it because i'm biased because i come from a small & insignificant european country (and as a scandinavian country we like to stand on the sideline, choose not to join world wars and give nobel's peace awards to "nobel" people - and for example take the side of Palestina because there are enough support given to Isreal as it is already).

thusly, having made my point, i digress *talking like a brittish snob*.. (sortof to prove my point of the elite)

->       ->       ->       ->       ->       ->       ->
    you will always go where the arrow points.

pen jakke:          , , , (snip),
                         (snip), (tungtvann feat pen jakke)