Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: whites vs europeans
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7971&mesg_id=7975
7975, RE: whites vs europeans
Posted by Backbone, Mon Jul-08-02 03:13 AM
>>"We" may have invented white supremacist thinking (and
>>slavery and a lot of other evil things...), but at least
>>most of us have abandoned it by now.
>
>Oh really? That's news to me!

Yeah I suppose it sounds a little strange. But it counts for me and my friends, as well as my parents and their friends and as far as I know the rest of my family too. Regardless of what our ancestors may have done or invoked.
And I do realize that not all Europeans are like us *they should be though*. However I think that what you call white supremacy, is actually xenophobia in Europe, which of course can be expressed in racist reasoning and acting. I say that because most agression here seems to be directed at newcomers/immigrants, who are not frowned upon for the color of their skin, but more for their culture, which, according to lots of (in my opinion silly) people is a threat to Dutch culture, whatever that may be. Immigrants who already have been here for a while, and adopted our manners, language and "culture", are taking less hate. At least that's what I think I see.

Now don't think I agree with the point of view I described here, but I do think it's different from white supremacist thinking.

I hope I made my previous story a little clearer with this, I know it was kind of self-contradictory.

>The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The United States
>has only improved upon the foundation as set forth by
>collective Europe. That's why the emphasis in the
>educational system here is on European history cuz that is
>the root of America.

I would hardly call it an improvement. The USA's so-called democracy is the subject of daily ridicule and disbelief here. And this morning I coincidentally read a nice article in the newspaper about the new abstinence program by the Bush government. I almost started crying for what the USA is doing to the world, by discouraging the use of condoms or the pill as means of safe sex. Does Bush want everybody in the world to die of AIDS?

I'm sorry, but this shit is really making me angry.