Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWell maybe you missed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=7887&mesg_id=7933
7933, Well maybe you missed
Posted by FireBrand, Wed Jun-26-02 05:46 AM
Post #7 where I said I don't know enought about...the Tao to see why it would be contridictory. Again, I don't know about ALL churches, or even all SDA church, but in the youth program I grew up in the Book of Mormon, Quo'ran, Taoist principles, as well as the Greek Translated bible were introduced to us, and we openly discussed belief systems and how they work...From what I know of Taoist principle, and books I have read- I don't come away with anything incredibly contradicting TRUE Christian principles. In fact the Eastern philosophy books I have picked up seemed to use parables, and reminded me of the book of proverbs in the Bible.

and from that I saw things that seemed related...and looking for parallelisms (sp) is not specifically a western thought. Prove that it is, and that people never questioned or wondered (much like obediah) and you will have no argument from me.

I think you were just ready to go off...and so you did. I already said I didn't know enough, and from what I understood these principles were similar.